Sky Guard Indonesia – Commemorate flight of the legendary bomber in 56 years ago, a long flight mission.
As we know, the Indonesian Bomber Aircraft, The Tupolev Tu-16 (NATO reporting name: Badger) was a twin-engined jet strategic heavy bomber used by the Soviet Union.
The Indonesian Air Force got 26 Tu-16KS-1 acquired in 1961. Used during the preparation of Operation Trikora in 1962, being the capture of Western New Guinea from the Netherlands (now Papua and Papua Barat). They were also planned to be used for attacking the Colossus class aircraft carrier, HNLMS Karel Doorman. All were based at Iswahjudi Air Force Base, Madiun, East Java, and were grounded in 1969. Removed from service in 1970.
Now, we’ll commemorate the flight of the legendary bomber 56 years ago.
Aircraft used in this MISSION is :
The bases used:
- Lanud Iswahyudi (WARI/IWJ)
- Fly From Iswahyudi (WARI) to Alice Springs (YBAS) for touch and go and low pass then return back to Iswahyudi (WARI)
- Your Route as benchmark should be: ABD – BLI – CIN – HLC – YBAS/TG LP – HLC – CIN – ABD
- Fly below 10,000 feet Above Ground Level
- Speed Maximum 400 KIAS
- Please Avoide the Residential Area (Continue to use VOR written on the route above as a benchmark to Alice Springs)
- Maintain to focus to your flight
TG: Touch & Go, LP: Low Pass
Attention! This is the longest mission, please do not be a SANDBAGGER!
This mission can be carried out by Guardian who passed the Guardian Flying School (GFS). Happy Flying!